So, you have made the decision, after months, maybe years of pondering where your next home move will take you, finally you have made up your mind and Naples is at the top of your list.
You take the plunge, buy a home and move in. But will you have buyers remorse, will you wake up wondering why on earth you chose Naples to call home?
Maybe, or maybe not, here are some things you may want to know before you make that final jump.
- They don't call Florida the Sunshine State, for nothing! Be prepared to wake up to around 264 sunny days per year, and even those that are cloudy are probably not going to stay cloudy all day.
- You are never far from anywhere in town, ask a taxi driver, how far is the beach? or how far is downtown, they will probably respond with around 20 minutes.
- You have moved to a pretty safe town. According to Cityrating.com "The city violent crime rate for Naples in 2016 was lower than the national violent crime rate by 78.17% and the city property crime rate in Naples was lower than the national property crime rate average by 24.04%."
- You live close to one of the top ten beaches in Florida, as voted by the travel channel. There are not many places you can live that have such wonderful beaches that are so easily accessible to the public.
- If you have children, you have made the right choice, according to the Naples Daily News, the U.S. news and world report on schools Naples has three high schools in Collier county ranking in the top 75 out of 555 in Florida.
- If you are a golfing fanatic, then you will be happy to wake each morning secure in the knowledge that you now live in the state with the most golf courses in the U.S. Naples also has the third best golf course in the state of Florida, Calusa Pines.
- You are probably not going to get bitten by a shark, according to Fox News, although Florida leads the nation for Shark attacks. Not one person has died from a documented shark attack in over 130 years in Southwest Florida. So your choice to buy a home on the Gulf side of Florida rather than the Atlantic was a sound one.
There are definitely many more reasons for moving to Naples, I for one, simply fell in love with its old world charm and fantastic restaurants and, being a fisherman the access to waterways and the Gulf of Mexico certainly made the move to Naples the right one for me. Having lived here now for over 20 years, I wake up each morning realizing I made the right move. Oh, and the dolphins, don't forget the dolphins.
Luxury Real Estate Advisor
239 825 6161